Craftistic Endeavors

Thursday, April 20, 2006

The next logical step after Doogie Howser, M.D.?

Baby MD

He's not an infant doctor, but he plays one on TV. Or possibly those are just his initials.

This is the afghan that I did a couple of years ago for AD's first boy, M. I will have to look up his birthday, but I have a feeling it's around March of 2003. I remember A sent me the funniest thank-you note about how she was getting to be quite an expert at writing one-handed thank-yous!

This yarn is one of my favorites, again from Bernat. This is Soft Bouclé, which is another acrylic yarn that is just so snuggly soft you don't want to put it down. I think the main color was sort of a combination of light blue and light green, possibly with a bit of white in there as well. It's not variegated, more heathered. Looking at Bernat's website now, I'd say whatever color it was, it's now discontinued.

The pattern is my old standby, the V-stitch. It's one of the easiest patterns imaginable, and yet it still looks somewhat interesting. It also works up very quickly, and I don't always need to look at what I'm doing while stitching. This looks like a plain single crochet border, not that I wrote it down or anything useful like that while I made the afghan.

I probably owe M a "Happy Birthday" so even though it's late, Happy Birthday, M!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home