Craftistic Endeavors

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Another baby afghan

It seems that a good ratio of my projects are baby afghans. I'd hate to calculate a percentage, but it's significant.

Here's one that I did just over 2 years ago for Baby CK. It turned out to be quite a long afghan because I was crocheting during the 2004 Summer Olympics. It's the same V-stitch pattern as I used for Baby MD a bit further down, and that stitch is so easy that I don't really have to look at what I'm doing. I can feel where each stitch goes, and all I have to do is look down to make sure I start each new row in the right place.

Which is exactly what I was doing... crocheting, not really looking, crocheting, etc... and all of a sudden I could hold the afghan up at neck level and it came down to my ankles! I think it ended up being 54" long, which just means that it'll take that much longer for CK to outgrow it. What can I say, they show a lot of swimming, and Aaron Peirsol is pretty. Very pretty.

Um, where was I? Oh yes, the technical stuff that's probably of no interest to anyone except me. This is Caron Simply Soft in soft pink with a white border. I think the border is the same as my first afghan. It reminds me of ice-cream cones, and I thought it was cute for a little girl.

Baby CK has a big brother on the way, and he'll be the recipient of my current project! Stay tuned for details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home