Craftistic Endeavors

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Oh look, another baby afghan!

Like I said, I do a lot of these.

This one was for Baby GP, whose mother is friends with Baby CK's mother. We joke that GP and CK are destined to go to prom together.

This was the next afghan I did after CK's. By the time I finished that afghan, I was getting a bit tired of the old standby V-stitch. I had this pattern which was originally for a completely different yarn in brown and tan, but luckily I was able to see past that. If I remember correctly, I used Red Heart Super Saver, which I probably won't do again. I liked the colors (Delft and Royal, I believe) but I just don't think it's soft enough to use for baby afghans.

I'm trying to remember where I came up with this pattern so I can link to it, and I'm absolutely at a loss. I'll have to dig through the pattern file to see, but I'm pretty sure that it was either the free pattern on a yarn label or one of the free ones you find at JoAnn's or Michaels' next to the yarn. This is another of those patterns that looks a good deal more complicated than it actually is, which I always enjoy. I think if I redid it I might pick a different border, because this turned out a bit frillier than I had imagined it.

Okay, that's it for baby afghans for a while!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home