Craftistic Endeavors

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Preview of things to come.

This is actually the chart for my current project. I post it in full knowledge that it doesn't mean anything to anyone but me. But doesn't it look impressive? It's another of those things that I will claim is much less complicated than you might guess. I actually had quite a struggle with this pattern (my current baby afghan) because it's one of those things that just makes more sense when you look at a visual representation than "ch 2, sc in ch-5 sp of prev motif, ch 2, 3 dc in same ch-4 sp," etc. Also, although I drew the chart as ovals, the motif is more of a parallelogram. Possibly a rhombus, I haven't measured the sides to see if they're equal. Or, if you'd like to be a little less mathy about it, it's a diamond shape.



I'd also like to point out that this is worked in motifs, joined as I go, and I am STILL holding firm to my resolution to sew in the ends of each motif before I begin the next. It'll make my life much easier, not having to sew in some 240 yarn ends all at the end of the project.

Once I've got enough done to see if the pattern will do what I want it to do visually, there will be pictures. Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home